February 03, 2016

Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop - (Not-So) Easter Lamb


Well hello there, and welcome back to another Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team Blog Hop!  You're probably coming from the fabulous Rachel over in France, you've landed here in Canada, and you'll be en route to see Steffi in Germany after this - talk about a trip around the world!  Please don't hesitate to use the translate button in your browser to see what everyone is up to - with 20 designers from all around the world, we have a few languages being used, and I'd hate for you to miss anything! 

My project this week was done about three weeks ahead of schedule - unheard of for me! - until I had a change of heart and decided to bump that project back two weeks and save it for our next blog hop!  So it was back to the drawing board for me when my OTHER project - the one that was supposed to be for two weeks from now (are you lost yet?! I almost am!) was still nagging at me - I just wasn't happy with it at all!  And I don't really work well without some pressure and motivation biting at my heels, so I literally tore it up the night before it was due.  That'll get me working!  So that project got remade, then THIS project (but not THIS-this project) got bumped back to join it, and I was left empty-handed again!  Phew, this design team business is a lot of stress!  ;) 

Aaaaanyway - after all of that, I decided to use the Easter Lamb stamp in a not-so-Eastery way.  I'm in that wonderful phase of life where my friends are all having babies, which is awesome, and another little boy was welcomed fairly recently.  This card will be for his parents!  


The little lamb coloured up nicely with some blender pens and ink pads - this is easily my favourite way to colour!  So easy, no precision required, lots of fun.  He's dressed up in Sahara Sand and Smoky Slate, with a tiny bit of Blushing Bride in his sweet little floppy ears and little nose. Since he's welcoming a little boy, he needed to get dressed up for the occasion...  Our brand new Bow Clips make a perfect bow tie for this little guy!  So cute.  Not going to lie - that's my favourite part of the whole thing!  I loved using the Softly Falling embossing folder to create a fun confetti look, and the beautiful watercolour wash DSP in Perfectly Artistic (a Sale-a-Bration exclusive!) is just the perfect softness and colour.  It's a total must-have.  (Psst - remember when I shared the swirly-whirly blue DSP and told you I'd have the reverse side coming up soon?  This is it!)

I'm sure Steffi has something amazing up her sleeve (as always!) so you'll want to click the button here and check it out!


Thanks so much for stopping in today - I really appreciate that you take the time to come and see me!
Cheers,
Shannon

13 comments:

  1. Shannon, this card is so adorable and I love the little bow tie! Does that mean this is little bow peep? I'm bad, I know...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bow clip as a bow tie! Adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shannon, could this card be any cuter!? So adorable. The little bow tie addition is just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hyper cute love this little lamb ! And your card 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. That gold clip as a bow tie! Oh my! Stunning! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you did the lamb with the blue bow tie--such a great baby boy card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers...how cute! Love the embossed background...and the layers are perfect! And then...the bow tie. Yeah...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This little lamb makes my heart happy! Such a cute touch to add the bow. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for giving him a paper bow clip! You know what I meant! He's so cute. I've been begging someone in my head to do this. So A big THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an adorable card! I love so many things on it! Yeah, I am casing it. heehee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card ist very wonderful! I love the details with the ribbons!! ❤︎

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing Shannon! Congratulations! This project is one of my most popular pins this week and is being highlighted on my blog today. Thanks for sharing. Kylie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the little bow tie you've given the lamb!

    ReplyDelete